NomCom 2005/2006 Announcement

Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com> Thu, 23 February 2006 14:05 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:39:34 -0500
From: Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>
To: ietf-announce@ietf.org
Subject: NomCom 2005/2006 Announcement

I am pleased to announce that the 2005-2006 NomCom selection and
confirmation process is complete.  At this time, on behalf of the
NomCom, here is the complete list of IAB, IESG and IAOC members
selected for the positions under review by the NomCom:

IAB
---
Leslie Daigle
Elwyn Davies
Kevin Fall
Olaf Kolkman
David Oran
Eric Rescorla

IESG
----
Lisa Dusseault    Application Area Director
Jari Arrko        Internet Area Director
Dan Romascanu     Operations and Management Area Director
Cullen Jennings   Real-time App. and Infra. Area Director (2 year term)
Jon Peterson      Real-time App. and Infra. Area Director (1 year term)
Ross Callon       Routing Area Director
Sam Hartman       Security Area Director
Magnus Westerlund Transport Area Director

IAOC
----
Ed Juskevicius

The NomCom joins the rest of the IETF community in thanking all these
individuals for taking these positions, and in thanking all those who
volunteered to be considered as a candidate in the NomCom process.

I thank everyone who volunteered to serve on the NomCom, and
especially the volunteers who were selected to make up this NomCom:

Voting volunteers:
Joe Babiarz
Ron Bonica
Stewart Bryant
Joao Damas
Lakshminath Dondeti
Vijay Gurbani
Wassim Haddad
Alan Hawrylyshen
Dinesh Mohan
Sam Weiler

Non-voting liaisons and advisor:
Steve Crocker   ISOC liaison
David Meyer     IAB liaison
Russ Housley    IESG liaison
Danny McPherson Advisor (past chair)

These members of the NomCom found time in their schedules to join
twice-weekly teleconferences, solicit and review input from across the
IETF, conduct a thorough and well-considered review of the candidates
and develop a slate of excellent nominees for the positions we were
asked to fill.  Our liaisons and advisor provided us with sage and
helpful guidance.

Also, thanks to Henrik Levkowetz for his great work in developing the
web-based input for our candidate review.  As a reward, Henrik can
expect requests from the NomCom in the future for help in automating
more of the administrative tasks associated with the NomCom process.

Finally, thanks to everyone who took the time to participate in the
process through nominations, interviews and input on the candidates
under review.

- Ralph Droms (chair), for the 2005-2006 IESG Nominating Committee