Re: CLOSE ASRG NOW IT HAS FAILED

Paul Vixie <vixie@vix.com> Mon, 16 June 2003 16:46 UTC

To: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: CLOSE ASRG NOW IT HAS FAILED
From: Paul Vixie <vixie@vix.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:27:26 +0000
Sender: owner-ietf@ietf.org

pbaker@verisign.com ("Hallam-Baker, Phillip") writes:

> What happened to open and inclusive?

it didn't scale.  but, rather than change the written rules, more emphasis
has been put on "design teams" and "directorates" in order to get work done
in ways the written rules don't cover.  note that i think this is bad, and
that the written rules should be changed, and then followed, and that the
way things are trying to get done now has scaled even less well than before.

> I have no confidence in Paul Judge as chair. I believe that his handling
> of the group is damaging the IETF. The group may be in the IRTF but the
> mailing list bears the name IETF and it the group is being presented to
> the press as having been charged by the IETF to solve the problem.
>
> The FTC testimony was dire. The ASRG chair stated that he believed the
> group would come up with a technical solution. Every one of the other
> members of the technical panel then stated that they thought it had
> already failed. It made the IETF look ridiculous.

three different people came to me (as a known associate of verisign's) to
ask "who the hell is this hallam-baker idiot and why does verisign let him
out in public???" after your various tirades and misbehaviours at the ftc
thing.  therefore it's possible that your rant about paul judge's activities
lacks credibility.
--
Paul Vixie