Re: I'm not going to listen to this any more.

Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net> Mon, 27 June 2005 17:02 UTC

To: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:02:24 -0700
From: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>
Cc: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: I'm not going to listen to this any more.
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Brian,

> I have the good fortune to not be subscribed to the
> namedroppers list, so I have no familiarity with past
> traffic on that list. I think it behooves us all to let
> bygones be bygones - I don't see much point in debating
> alleged misdeeds of former ADs.

ADs in their deeds, or misdeeds represent not just themselves, but
IESG as a whole. As such, deeds/misdeeds of ADs should be viewed
as deeds/misdeeds of IESG, and not just of individual ADs. Therefore,
I think it behooves IESG to resolve *in a public forum* complains
about alleged misdeeds by ADs, irrespective of whether these ADs
are former or not.

Yakov.