Re: [dean@av8.com: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com> Sun, 25 September 2005 02:40 UTC

Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:39:38 -0400
From: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>
To: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
Cc: dnsop@lists.uoregon.edu, Nicholas Staff <nick.staff@comcast.net>, ietf@ietf.org, 'David Kessens' <david.kessens@nokia.com>, 'IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dean@av8.com: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I'm sorry, David's note wasn't an "attack" -- it was David excercising
> his responsibility as an AD.  Have a look at Section 2 of RFC 3683 --
> to revoke someone's posting rights, he *must* make a public statement
> on the IETF mailing list.

Kessens offlist email was a threat.

Kessens only made the complaint in revenge for my administrative complaint about
his threat.

Kessens complaint, being unjustified revenge, is an attack.

But lets not forget, Mr. Bellovin, just last week you reported in your offical
capacity as Chair of the IPR WG on the contents of a message of mine involving
patent policy. You reported that my message was wrong, and at the end noted you
hadn't even read my message.

Mr. Bellovin: you are a research scientist at a respected institution, and you
know very well that if you haven't read a document, you can't honestly comment
on its contents.

I am still waiting for your honest acknowledgment that my message was not wrong,
and for you to acknowledge honestly as Chair of the IPR Working Group that the
IETF policy is to prefer non-encumbered technology as documented in RFC3979
Section 8.

		--Dean
617 344 9000