[ipcdn] IPCDN PacketCable/IPCablecom NCS Signaling MIB and IPR disclosure, UPTO 20030223432

"Jean-Francois Mule" <jf.mule@cablelabs.com> Wed, 16 February 2005 01:37 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:27:46 -0700
From: Jean-Francois Mule <jf.mule@cablelabs.com>
To: ipcdn@ietf.org
Cc: Satish Kumar at Texas Instruments <satish.kumar@ti.com>, "David Kessens (E-mail)" <david.kessens@nokia.com>, Christie Poland <C.Poland@cablelabs.com>, Simon Kang - UPC <skang@upctechnology.com>, Ted Laverack <Ted.Laverack@etsi.org>, Bill Utlaut <b.utlaut@cablelabs.com>, gordon.beacham@motorola.com, ietf-ipr@ietf.org, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, Simon Krauss <s.krauss@cablelabs.com>
Subject: [ipcdn] IPCDN PacketCable/IPCablecom NCS Signaling MIB and IPR disclosure, UPTO 20030223432
Sender: ipcdn-bounces@ietf.org

IPCDN participants,

   Per IETF RFC 3668, section 2 c), I hereby disclose this IPR
information to the working group as a participant.
   I am aware of the USPTO Patent Application number 20030223432, which
may relate to the IETF IPCDN PacketCable/IPCablecom NCS Signaling MIB,
draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-07.txt.
   The text of the patent application can be obtained at:
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG0
1&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='20030223432'&OS=&RS=
or if this link does not work, google it at:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Patent+Application+%23%3A+200302234
32

   I have also submitted the IPR disclosure according to the formal
requirements of Section 6, "IPR Disclosures," of RFC 3668, "Intellectual
Property Rights in IETF Technology," - see text pasted below.

  Since this IPCDN Internet-Draft relates to an ETSI IPCableCom MIB, I
also copy the ETSI technical officer, Ted Laverack and the ETSI
Rapporteur for the associated work item, Simon Kang.

Jean-Francois.

------
IPR Title: Jean-Francois Mule's statement about possible IPR claimed in
       draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-07.txt belonging to Charania,
Haneef B.;
       Vetter, Richard; Litwak, Robert

Section I. Patent Holder/Applicant ("Patent Holder")
Legal Name: Charania, Haneef B.; Vetter, Richard; Litwak, Robert

Section  II. Contact Information for the IETF Participant Whose Personal
Belief Triggered
the Disclosure in this Template :
Name: Jean-Francois Mule
Title:
Department:
Address1:
Address2:
Telephone: +1 303 661 3708
Fax:
Email: jfm@cablelabs.com

Section III. IETF Document or Working Group Contribution to Which Patent
Disclosure Relates
Document Title: Network-Based Call Signaling (NCS) Signaling MIB for
PacketCable and IPCablecom Multimedia Terminal Adapters (MTAs)
RFC Number(Numeric value only) :
I-D File Name(draft-...) : draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-07.txt
Designations for Other Contributions :

Section IV. Disclosure of Patent Information, if known(i.e., patents or
patent applications
required to be disclosed by Section 6 of RFC 3668)
A. For granted patents or published pending patent applications, please
provide
the following information:
Patent, Serial, Publication, Registration, or Application/File number(s)
: USPTO Patent Application #20030223432
Date(s) granted or applied for : December 4, 2003
Country : United States
Additional Note(s):

B. Does your disclosure relate to an unpublished pending patent
application? No
C. If an Internet-Draft or RFC includes multiple parts and it is not
reasonably
apparent which part of such Internet-Draft or RFC is alleged to be
covered by
the patent information disclosed in Section V(A) or V(B), it is helpful
if the
discloser identifies here the sections of the Internet-Draft or RFC that
are
alleged to be so covered. :