[ipcdn] RE: AD review: draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt

"Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com> Wed, 02 November 2005 23:47 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:40:46 -0500
From: "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
To: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, "Ipcdn (E-mail)" <ipcdn@ietf.org>
Cc: Jean-Francois Mule <jf.mule@cablelabs.com>, "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
Subject: [ipcdn] RE: AD review: draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-09.txt
Sender: ipcdn-bounces@ietf.org

Bert,

I believe I have addressed all of your comments on DOCSIS Cable Device MIB -09 in <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-10.txt>.

I checked the new draft against the online idnits tool, <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/idnits.pyht>, and got the following feedback:

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:

    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...

    the boilerplate looks good.
    No nits found.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
    Nothing found here (but these checks do not cover all of
    1id-guidelines.txt yet).

  Miscellaneous warnings:
    None.

    No nits found.

I used the online xml2rfc validator tool, <http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/>, against the XML source, and got the following feedback:

Processing...

Validating document...
Validation succeeded
Performing additional checks...
...done

(I put the XML source for -10 at <http://www.ipcdn.org/drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-10.xml>.)

I used the smilint email service and got the following feedback:

mailbody:2297: [5] {index-exceeds-too-large} warning: index of row `docsDevCpeInetEntry' can exceed OID size limit by 141 subidentifier(s)
mailbody:3003: [5] {group-unref} warning: deprecated group `docsDevNmAccessExtGroup' is not referenced in this module

(These are identical to some of the MIB compiler errors that you noted below.)

My responses to your comments below are marked [RW].

-- Rich