Re: [RAM] RAM, RRG, RADIR and IDR lists

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Tue, 29 May 2007 07:13 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:13:11 +0300
From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
To: Robin Whittle <rw@firstpr.com.au>
Subject: Re: [RAM] RAM, RRG, RADIR and IDR lists
Cc: ram@iab.org

If its about incremental changes to BGP, discussion should happen
on the IDR list.

If its about operational practices, measurements,
the plan has been that an OPS area WG, perhaps GROW or
its successor would be the forum for discussion. (But so
far the possible continuation of the GROW WG has not
been decided, as far as I know.)

If its about completely new architectures or research questions
about the routing scalability problem, discussion should happen
on the RRG list.

The RADIR directorate list is for the directorate's own discussions.
They do value input, though, so keep them posted on major
developments or other important issues.

Specific issues about work that is already in other chartered
WGs or RGs should happen on those lists. Current specifications
for HIP, for instance, can be discussed on the HIP RG/WG lists.

And finally, the default route -- the remaining discussions,
e.g., general discussions about the problem statements or
state of the world is for the RAM list.

Jari