[Sipping] RE: I-D Action:draft-worley-service-example-00.txt

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com> Thu, 08 November 2007 08:52 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:52:47 +0000
From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com>
To: sipping@ietf.org, dworley@pingtel.com
Subject: [Sipping] RE: I-D Action:draft-worley-service-example-00.txt

Dale,

A couple of comments.

Care has to be taken using an SDP answer as an SDP offer. Whilst it
might be acceptable to copy some parts, copying the whole SDP is wrong
because of certain SDP features that are not symmetrical. One example is
MIKEY, where a MIKEY request in an offer has completely different syntax
and semantics from MIKEY in an answer. Another example is the capability
negotiation draft in MMUSIC.

Another concern is how would ICE work? The held UA never receives
candidate IP addresses and ports for the MoH server.

John